They should be deliciously crisp and spicy - the potato chips. Instead of out of a bag, you can make potato chips yourself quickly and easily. We'll tell you three different preparation options.Homemade potato chips are much healthier
Admittedly, the chips in the bag are particularly tasty. Once you start, you can't stop quickly. A vicious circle. From the bag, they not only contain a lot of fat, but often also artificial flavors, a lot of salt and other additives.
A much healthier alternative is to make it at home. Do you think that's a lot of work? It is also not really and difficult.
For the preparation you can use either a deep fryer, the oven and even the microwave. We have put together a few tips for all variants.
»Make chips in the deep fryer
Deep fryer chips are probably the tastiest, but also the most calorie-rich. After all, the chips are prepared here in fat.
- Peel a few large potatoes and cut them into fine slices. The best way to do this is with a vegetable slicer.
- To prevent the potatoes from browning, soak them in cold water for half an hour. Now the potatoes are patted dry with a kitchen towel.
- Now heat the oil in the deep fryer or alternatively in a large saucepan. The potato slices must now be fried in small portions in the oil, they each take about five minutes, then they should be golden brown.
- To allow excess fat to drain, place the chips on kitchen paper.
- Finally, you can season the potato chips as you like, as well as salt and pepper, there is also curry, paprika powder, chilli or rosemary.
»Make potato chips in the oven
Not everyone has a deep fryer in the household, but everyone should be able to serve with an oven. Here, too, you can make potato chips, and even less fat.
- For 4 people you need about six large potatoes. Peel them and cut them into very thin slices.
- Prepare the thin slices flat on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Drizzle some sunflower oil on the potato slices, as this is particularly tasteless. Of course, depending on your personal taste, you can also use a different oil, the chips get some spiciness from the use of chili oil.
- Finally, you can season the chips as you like. In addition to salt and pepper, you can also sprinkle chili, paprika or curry over the potato slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and add the potato slices for about 20 minutes. When the chips are golden and crispy, they are done.
»Prepare chips in the microwave
Yes, you read it right. You can also make potato chips in the microwave, particularly quickly and easily.